Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] plugins to builtins

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:47:24 +0200
Am 21.06.2011 08:25, schrieb Jaap Keuter:
On 06/21/2011 07:20 AM, Andreas wrote:

Moving some dissectors to be built-in probably make sense, as the ABI
wasn't as
stable as required to guarantee compatibility with bugfix versions
(even in
stable branches).

Please clarify?

I must revoke my statement. I did wrong at looking to the history of some files (proto.h) in the trunk instead of the branches. Getting the release snapshots shows that the file changed but keeps compatible.

Sorry,
Andy