Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to build on MACOS

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:28:37 -0700
On Jun 19, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Michael Tüxen wrote:

> After that you can follow the instructions at
> https://nplab.fh-muenster.de/groups/wiki/wiki/fb7a4/Building_Wireshark_on_SnowLeopard.html

Do you need to install Cairo?  Unlike ATK, Pango, gdk-pixbuf, and GTK+, Cairo comes with Snow Leopard, at least:

	$ ls /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.*
	/usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib	/usr/X11/lib/libcairo.dylib

I'm not sure whether it comes with Leopard - I'll look at it when I'm at work and can more easily boot my development machine from its Leopard partition.

Also, do you need PCRE with newer versions of GLib?  I think we use GLib's PCRE routines if available.

We might want to put this either in README.macos or in the Developer's Guide.