Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] network type # of new plugin

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:49:12 -0700
On Jun 10, 2011, at 9:14 AM, suraj wrote:

> I am designing a custom dissector plugin that doesn't run over any thing else.

I.e., you have your own link-layer header type?

You need a LINKTYPE_/DLT_ value.  You would ask tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxx for that value.  Please supply either a detailed description of the new link-layer header format or a reference to a specification for the link-layer header format, similar to what's in

	http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html