Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compiltion error.

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:47:29 +0000 (UTC)
sagar sg <sagu072@...> writes:

> hi, I am getting the fallowing error during the compilation of wirehsark
decoder , fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'config.h': No such file
> or directory
> Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not
>  found:
> $(WIRESHARK_LIB)and before that i tried to verify tools using    Nmake –f
Makefile.nmake verify_tools

> but i am getting an error as "Don't know how to make -f stop"           Please
help me in this issue.

You might try reading through the "Win32: Step-by-Step Guide" carefully and see
if you missed anything:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

Of note: Rather than using MSVC2008EE as the guide suggests, I'm using
MSVC2010EE.  Just be sure to set MSVC_VARIANT appropriately in config.nmake.
And if you plan on creating your own installer, be sure to download the correct
C-runtime redistributable installer.