Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Finding duplicate (conflicting) value_string entries

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:12:11 -0400
Martin Mathieson wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 05:39:32PM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
     > I think it is better to add this check in checkAPIs.pl script

    Well it's little hard to do this in checkAPIs.pl cause we need
    preprocessor,
    and some value_string (like tpncp) are generated from file.

    This patch is OK for me.

I didn't measure, but it didn't noticibly add to the startup time (I ran ./wireshark >& duplicated.txt). It is ugly to dump so much into a console.... probably not many non-developers run wireshark that way though. I wasn't planning on submitting it in its current form.

Well, it serves a useful purpose. It could always be checked in but #if'd out (only to be turned on periodically by an interested developer).