Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissecting bit

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:35:18 -0400
Chris

Thanks for the info.

In your example you did this:

guint32 urn;

urn = (((guint32)tvb_get_guint8(tvb, offset)<<  16)&  0x00800000) |
((tvb_get_guint24(tvb, offset + 1)>>  1)&  0x007FFFFF);

proto_tree_add_item(vmf_sub_tree, hf_vmf_urn, tvb, offset, 4, FALSE);

... where hf_vmf_urn is declared as something along the lines of:

    {&hf_vmf_urn,
     {"URN", "vmf.urn",
      FT_UINT32, BASE_DEC, NULL, 0x80FFFFFE, NULL, HFILL }},

But you actually do not use the variable urn

So how is the urn variable (in your example) being used..??

Thanks,
Brian