Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Finding duplicate (conflicting) value_string entries

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:43:54 +0200
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 05:10:09PM +0100, Martin Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Jakub Zawadzki <nospam> wrote:
> > This patch is OK for me.
>
> I didn't measure, but it didn't noticibly add to the startup time

This O(n^2) loop sucks a little, you can optimized it with some hashing
or bit-setting/checking.
But really please don't care about startup-time. It's not so important.

> probably not many non-developers run wireshark that way though.
> I wasn't planning on submitting it in its current form.

I think non-developers really don't care about whole tmp_fld_check_assert() check,
so one extra is good (and yours patch is really cool).

tmp_fld_check_assert() probably should be #ifdef-ed in some MAINTAINER_BUILD (or #ifndef RELEASE_BUILD)