Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Finding duplicate (conflicting) value_string entries

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:39:32 +0200

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've written a patch to check for duplicate entries (i.e. the same value) in the value_string used for hf items.
What I found was there are places where error codes are taken from multiple places, but often have identical strings, so there is no real harm...

The patch I'm attaching also checks in the case of matching values that the string is the same too, and warns on those.  I also attached the output I just got from starting up wireshark here.  I don't think this patch should be checked in, but it might possible be to do a similar check in one of the scripts in the tools folder?

Best regards,
Martin

Hi,
Thanks !
I think it is better to add this check in checkAPIs.pl script

Also I'm fix issue in packet-isakmp.c file (about cp_version table) in rev37240

Regards