Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFD: Slab allocator (sl_alloc()) related to r37112

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:56:52 -0700
On 5/13/11 3:00 AM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
> I wanted to cleanup code like:
> #if GLIB_CHECK_VERSION(2,10,0)
> 	ptr  = g_slice_new(...);
> #else
> 	ptr = g_mem_chunk_alloc(...);
> #endif
> with single:
>     ptr = sl_alloc(...);
> sl_ allocator already passed multiple fuzz testing so it should be stable.

Are many people still running GLib versions older than 2.10, or GTK+
versions older than 2.12? If not, we should probably bump the minimum
GLib and GTK+ versions after the Wireshark 1.6 branch is created. This
would let us clean up quite a bit of code in the trunk.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’11! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Stanford University, June 13-16 · http://sharkfest.wireshark.org