Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to create TVB to pass to dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:50:24 -0700
On May 11, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Alex Lindberg wrote:

> I need to dissect a H225 TCP message included in a q.931 packet.  However there is NO tpkt header in the message as expected by the q.931 dissector.

Actually, what the dissector cares about is whether it's "over IP" - which currently means "over TPKT *OR* SCTP with a PPI of 13" - not whether there's a TPKT header.

> Thus the H225 part of the packet is not dissected.

I.e., this is Q.931 traffic that's *not* Q.931-over-TPKT traffic, or Q.931-over-SCTP-PPI-13 traffic, but, in the Q.931 traffic, there are user-user IEs that contain H.225 traffic?

If so, what is the Q.931 traffic being transported on top of, if not TPKT or SCTP?