Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TCP dissect issue when app-level message spans multiple TCP

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 17:22:42 -0400
Fernandez, Rafael wrote:
I completely agree with your answer. That is what I expect to happen.
I was able to download wireshark-1.5.2-SVN-36997, compile against it, and the issue still happens.
I must note that there is a [TCP Previous segment lost] and a [TCP out-of-order] 10 frames apart and it is also where the problem starts occurring until the end of the capture file.

Oh, those out-of-order packets are quite possibly the problem: see the recent discussion here on "Handling TCP packets reordering".