Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Source Code Analysis for Wireshark

From: "Lynn Gayowski" <Lynn.Gayowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:07:11 -0400

I believe Klocwork’s open source program did some source code analysis for Wireshark a few years back.  We’d like to analyze the project again using our static analysis product, Klocwork Insight, to give a report on bugs and potential security vulnerabilities.  The results would be hosted on a secure web portal where contributors could access the results. Would this be of interest to any Wireshark developers?

To do the analysis, we just need some basic info:  URL of the source code repository, version you’d like analyzed, build platform and programming language.

This program will be offered free to open source projects on an ongoing basis, so if you find the results of value we could analyze future versions of your project as well.

Cheers,

Lynn Gayowski

Klocwork

lynn.gayowski at klocwork.com