Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 36741: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: capt

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:44:20 -0700
On Apr 20, 2011, at 1:17 PM, etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=36741
>
> User: etxrab
> Date: 2011/04/20 01:17 PM
>
> Log:
> Replace the capture interface deprecated gtk_combo_new() with gtk_combo_box_entry_new_text.
>
> Directory: /trunk/gtk/
>  Changes    Path             Action
>  +80 -30    capture_dlg.c    Modified

That broke the Capture Options dialog - it warns

	(wireshark:55045): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1669: signal `changed' is invalid for instance `0x1051572a0'

	(wireshark:55045): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1669: signal `activate' is invalid for instance `0x1051572a0'

when I pop up that dialog, it doesn't let me type an interface in the entry (yes, it should allow typing there, so the user can type the interface rather than having to selecting it, and so that, if an interface doesn't show up, they can type it anyway, in order to try to see why the interface couldn't be opened), and if I select a new interface, it doesn't update the choice of link-layer types or the activated/un-activated state of the monitor mode checkbox (which I think is a consequence of the "signal `changed' is invalid for instance `0x1051572a0" complaint, as the failing call is what attaches the routine that detects interface changes).