Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] clang core dump on plugins/giop/packet-parlay.c

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:46:08 -0700
On Apr 21, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Sébastien Tandel wrote:

> Hey Stephen!
>
> might be worth sharing with clang team, don't you think?

A (non-public) bug has already been filed on it.

> Have you tried to disable packet-parlay to check whether it is the only dissector creating such an issue?

It takes about 2GB or more of memory in the static analyzer to analyze dissect_parlay(); is the static analyzer built 64-bit or 32-bit, or is it running out of swap space+memory?

Perhaps if the CORBA-IDL-to-Wireshark-dissector tool didn't generate 3MB of source code, this would be less of a problem.  (The lights dim when packet-parlay.c is compiled....)

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 16:30, Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying again to get clang to compile Wireshark and after commenting
> out these two lines in configure.in temporarily:
>
>    AC_WIRESHARK_GCC_CFLAGS_CHECK(-Wcast-align)

I've been fixing those whilst trying to build with clang.

>    AC_WIRESHARK_GCC_CFLAGS_CHECK(-fexcess-precision=fast)

That reminds me - I need to file a bug asking for some way to turn unknown -f flags into errors rather than warnings, so AC_WIRESHARK_GCC_CFLAGS_CHECK will leave that one out with clang, rather than provoking tons of clang warnings.