Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to cross-compile tshark and tools

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:05:18 -0400
George Nychis wrote:
BTW, it appears that this has come up before in the past (2009):
https://$1.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200910/msg00123.html <http://1.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200910/msg00123.html>

but it doesn't seem like a resolution was made.. but this post has a short-term workaround:
http://seclists.org/wireshark/2009/Oct/286

I am going to try this out, the original poster never got back with whether this worked or not.

What version are you trying to cross-compile? I believe that the changes discussed in that thread were eventually checked in with rev 30586.