Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SVN revision 36552 on Debian Lenny and gzopen64 function

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:36:23 -0700
On Apr 12, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

> Attaching some small fixes.

Checked in.

> btw. what do you think about merging GZWFILE_T and WFILE_T?
> (i.e. using one API for writting files, wfile_open(), wfile_write(), ...)

Currently, a WFILE_T is a void * that, depending on the setting of the compressed flag in the wtap_dumper structure that contains the WFILE_T, is either a FILE * or a GZWFILE_T.  Are you talking about moving the compressed flag and the void * into another structure, having the wtap_dumper point to that structure, and having lower-level routines that take a pointer to that structure as an argument to do I/O.