Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Q re a possible bug for someone familiar with packet-ansi_63

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:49:28 +0000 (UTC)
Bill Meier <wmeier@...> writes:

> In the proto_reg_handoff_ansi_637() code the variable
> 'ansi_637_trans_app_handle' is set but never used.
> (Coverity 835).
>
> My suspicion is that this handle should be used in the following iso
> 'ansi_637_trans_handle':
>
>      /* Dissect messages embedded in SIP */
>      dissector_add_string("media_type","application/vnd.3gpp2.sms",
> ansi_637_trans_handle);
>
> Can anyone confirm ??

Hi Bill.  I can't really confirm with 100% certainty, but the comment above
dissect_ansi_637_trans_app() is:  "/* Dissect SMS embedded in SIP */"

Therefore, I think it's logical that your suspicions are correct.  I would go
ahead and make the change.  The impact is quite minimal anyway, as it will
merely prepend the '/' character to the protocol column before "IS-637-A" is
added.  Almost makes you wonder if dissect_ansi_637_trans_app() is worth it
though, doesn't it?  Well, maybe it matters to someone.