Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: Re: was: Adding Files to Wireshark

From: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:52:55 +0200
Uhm... sorry.
Something went wrong with my last post.
Here's what I wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:01:20 -0400
> Von: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> CC: Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70@xxxxxx>
> Betreff: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (no subject)

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Dear Anders,
> >
> > I'm feeling a bit silly here, since "wireshark trunk" only makes sense
> > me in using the trunk-branch of wireshark to do that and I have found
> three
> > of those
> >    * 1.5 (unstable) trunk
> >    * 1.4 (stable) trunk
> >    * 1.2 (old stable) trunk
> >
> > But unfortunately I'm unable to find out what you really mean. Sorry.
> >

> 1.5 is the 'next' version where all new features are being added and
> tested
> (and thats why its unstable)
> 1.4 is the 'current' release tree - bug fixes only (thats why its stable)
> 1.2 was the 'previous' stable version

Dear Fulko,

thanks for clarifying. That's what I had assumed previously, but I cannot see where any of those three would do what I wanted in the beginning - which is determine or enter the sampling rate of an RTP-Audio stream (as is done in tap-rtp-common.c --> rtp_packet_analyse(...) ).

Anders wrote that "wireshark trunk" would do that:

> If you use wireshark trunk clock rate is extracted from SDP I think, does
> that solve your problem?
> /Anders

But none of the above mentioned "trunks" does that.

Regards,
CP