Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing file from website

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:42:33 +0200
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 01:16:24PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> The packet capture part of Wireshark uses WinPcap, which includes kernel-mode code; you'd need to install
> a Windows OT[1] version of WinPcap - WinPcap isn't supported on Windows OT any more, although the code might still work.

According to WinPcap faq WinPcap 3.1 (stable) or WinPcap before 4.0 beta3 (testing) should work.

Now the question is how WinPcap API (userspace) is stable :)
Even If dumpcap won't work someone can still capture using WinPcap program.

Anyway I can't test it, my univesity MSDNAA site doesn't offer Windows 98/ME anymore :(