Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] About Dead Store in clang Analysis

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:16:37 -0400
Chris Maynard wrote:
Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@...> writes:

What it the official solution to fix this ?
1) Remove the code 2) Ignore this warning 3) Comment the code add a /* offset += 1; Remove Clang Dead increment */

Or ... convert the dissector to a "new-style" dissector where the number of
bytes it consumes is returned, and in that case the offset should be incremented
but will need to be returned from any functions so proper offset (and thus the
proper number of bytes consumed) can be maintained and eventually returned from
the dissector.

+1 :-)