Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark SVN does not build on Ubuntu 64bit (gtk/expert_dlg

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:13:26 -0700
On Mar 22, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Roland Knall wrote:

> On my system, Wireshark does not build anymore since revision 36235.
> The reason for this is the move of the struct expert_tapdata_s from
> gtk/expert_dlg.h to gtk/expert_comp_dlg.c .
>
> The stump, which was left on gtk/expert_dlg.h does not work, as
> gtk/expert_dlg.c needs to use some members of the struct,

Since revision 36235, gtk/expert_dlg.c needs nothing, as it's not even *built*.

The reason why the buildbot was failing on Ubuntu is that we were still including gtk/expert_dlg.h from gtk/expert_comp_table.h, but we weren't shipping it as part of the source tarball, and the Ubuntu buildbot tests whether you can build from the source tarball and fails if you can't.  This, of course, means if you were building from the source tarball rathe than directly from SVN, or if you were trying to build the source tarball, that wouldn't work.

Jeff Morriss fixed this in revision 36251 by copying the one remaining useful bit from gtk/expert_dlg.h to gtk/expert_comp_table.h.