Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building when both python versions 2 and 3 are present

From: ptchinster <ptchinster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:49:36 -0400
Here is my train of thought on the building. My setup: python2 AND
python (which is python 3.2), located in /usr/bin/
Builds are done by way of "PKGBUILDs" which contain functions called
"build" that do the compiling.

For brevities sake i DLed the source from the repo just once.

The first "vanilla" attempt is using just the autogen.sh and configure commands
http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/356159/

It fails, as the python binary is python 3. Adding the quick sed hack
to use python2 binary in the PKGBUILD yields some results:
http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/356165/

Yet still fails at:

  File "../../tools/ncp2222.py", line 207
    if highest_var > global_highest_var:
                                       ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation.

I remove the python2 package, and with only python 3 installed repeat
the process.
http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/356168/

Fails with that same error in autogen that was fixed by switching over
to the python2 binary.

-ptchinster