Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Old Ethereal content (was Re: Missing file from website)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:18:18 -0400
Gerald Combs wrote:
On 3/17/11 11:42 AM, Gerald Combs wrote:
The last release without memory protection was Ethereal 0.10.14:

  http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/all-versions/

Would it be useful to have the old Ethereal downloads and mailing list
archives available on the Wireshark site?

Mailing list archives: definitely. That way we're sure they continue to exist and the URL is stable. (Didn't there use to be a copy on wireshark.org?)

Old downloads: (from my perspective) Sounds vaguely like a bad idea (stuff that old is bad/shouldn't be used; are you SURE ethereal.com's files haven't been infected with something?), but eh, whatever.