Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing file from website

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:16:05 +0000 (UTC)
We The People <please.nospam08@...> writes:

> Reference:
> http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChIntroPlatforms.html
> Win-ME:
> "The last known version to work (with Win-ME) was Ethereal 0.99.0
> (which includes WinPcap 3.1)"

That might be misleading.  While it does say that the last known version to work
with Win-ME was Ethereal 0.99.0, it does not say that Ethereal 0.99.0 IS the
last version to work with Win-ME.

The Wireshark 0.99.2 release notes still mentions ME:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-0.99.2.html, so it may very
well work on Win-ME too.  One thing is certain, Wireshark 0.99.5 will not work
with Win-ME, but 0.99.4, 0.99.3 and 0.99.2 all might.

So, you might try Wireshark 0.99.4, 0.99.3 or 0.99.2 and see if one of those
work for you.  If one of them does, you can report it back to us so the
Wireshark user's guide can be updated to mention it as the new, "last known
version" to work on Win-ME.