Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Programming against WireShark pcap processing engine

From: Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:48:27 +0400
How about exporting the captures to PDML format and then parsing the output XML in Java? I know it is CPU intensive and the PDML files could become quite large, but each layer (SMIL/images etc) would appear as separate entities and by doing some searching you might be able to extract what you want.

You could first use Wireshark to export to PDML file just to see the format and understand if it is worth it. Then you can call tshark later to do the conversion for you automatically.

HTH,
Abhik