Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Eliminate annoying color filter dialog

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:40:53 -0500
Gerald Combs <gerald@...> writes:
> How about using statusbar_push_temporary_msg (patch attached)?
> statusbar_push_temporary_msg shows a message for a few seconds in the
> status bar. It doesn't print to stdout, but it probably should.
I don't know how many messages one must send through gmane before one of them is successfully posted, but I lost track and have given up trying for tonight.  Am I the only one having trouble with gmane?

Anyway, I tried your patch and personally I do prefer it as it's much less intrusive, but it only displays the last warning and I have about 2 dozen, so I don't know if this would be preferred or not?

> I think we use simple_dialog in many places where a transient (or at
> least less invasive) message would work better. Maybe we should add
> support for Growl?
I had never heard of growl before but I assume it's this: http://growl.info/.  Is this crosss-platform capable?  I guess I will need to read up on it when I get a chance ...
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.