Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Portable Linux Wireshark with custom dissectors - possible ?

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 13:22:14 +1100
You should be able to either build a statically linked version of wireshark,
or copy the normally built dynamically linked version as well as the
various shared libraries wireshark comes with and just wrap it inside
a small shell-script that sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that ld.so can
find the wireshark libraries.

But you cant use plugins like that so your custom dissectors have to
be built in as normal dissectors.

regards
ronnie sahlberg