Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Portable Linux Wireshark with custom dissectors - possible ?

From: Dan White <ygor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:20:43 -0500
I have been tasked to come up with a Wireshark configuration that can sit on a USB thumb drive and get plugged into a Linux system and run.

The building would, obviously, take place on a separate platform. All I would need on the "thumb" is the actual executables.

I looked through the official documentation, and it wants me to "install" Wireshark onto the system I want to run it on.

There is a Portable Wireshark for the Microsoft operating systems. Can the same thing happen for Linux ?