Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] BASH script to automate Wireshark install in OS X 10.6

From: Rob Gage <digitalbackpack@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:01:49 -0800
Hey guys,

I recently had to install Wireshark on multiple computers for testing purposes of a SAN environment.  Since the install for Wireshark on 10.6 isn't just a one click install, I wrote this script to help speed up the process.  All it requires you do is mount the DMG of Wireshark.  Once you have mounted it double-clicking on the script will open a Terminal window and prompt you to enter in your admin password for sudo commands.  It then echos what is the user short name and that is piped into the command for the chmod command.  Just thought I would share this to make for anyone who is attempting to install Wireshark on 10.6 and needs a little assistance.  Most people I know don't really know how to install it correctly.