Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Different wireshark behaviour on Linux as on Windows

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:44:29 +0100
Hi

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> So my question is, can I influence the decision made by wireshark in
>> any way, which plugin get's called?
>
> Try disabling the dissector for the protocol whose dissector you don't want called.

Ok, now I have a question.

Both dissectors register on a certain Ethernet Frame Type (0x88CD). If
I disable the SercosIII dissector, in theory, my dissector should get
called, right?

But no, even if I specifically disable the dissector, it still get's
selected via packet.c::dissector_try_uint_new but it get's not called.

Is this a bug? Normally I would assume, that a disabled dissector
would not get selected here, but a non-disabled one would get the
top-vote

regards, Roland