Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New DVB_CI dissector: Discussion as to approach

From: Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:51:17 +0100
Hello Bill, Guy,

Thus wrote Martin Kaiser (lists@xxxxxxxxx):

> Thus wrote Guy Harris (guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> > > 2. The dissector processes both the pseudo-header and the actual
> > > data.
> > >   I.E., From the Wireshark perspective, the pseudo-header is just
> > >   part
> > >   of the captured data (similar to the code in your original patch).

> > >   This is the approach used by packet-radiotap.c

> > At this point, I prefer the second approach.  The Linux USB dissector
> > now uses that, as of revision 32534; switching to that cleaned things
> > up.

> thanks for the feedback. I'll define the pseudo-header for DVB-CI, apply
> for a DLT and modify my dissector accordingly.

I uploaded a new version of the dvb-ci dissector to the bugtracker a
week ago, fixing the issues you found when reviewing the code. Before
that, I requested a DLT at the tcpdump workers list.  Unfortunately,
there's been no response yet. Any chance you can have a look and help me
progress this? (Guy, are you assigning the DLT values?)

Thanks,

   Martin