Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error LINK2001:unresolved external symbol _ett_nds

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:36:42 +0100
"saugat mitra" <saugat.mitra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message
news:AANLkTi=i=g+j=W7vkD9D0WOBiyki5UGa4c-VHKZ8uvZR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
> Hi
> I am compiling Wireshark 1.4.1 on Microsoft Visual C Studio 2008. I
> have followed the steps as suggested in the Wireshark developers
> Guide.
> Have python 2.7 and have installed the tools provided by cygwin. I am
> getting the following error -
>
> Creating library libwireshark.lib and object libwireshark.exp
> dissectors.lib(packet-ncp-sss.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
> external symbol _ett_nds
> dissectors.lib(packet-ncp2222.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
> external symbol _ett_nds

AFAIR packet-ncp2222.c is generated with Python.
Even if Python is included in Cygwin, you need to install a different
(native) version. I dont't know, why this hack is necessary, but it helps.

You can check, if I'm right at the size of the source files (packet-ncp*.c).
If you have a 0-byte-file, you probably got it.

--
Andy