Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Windows 7 x64 compilation.

From: Bhuvan Vijayvergiya <bhuvan.vijayv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:25:18 -0800
Hi,

My team is using wireshark while testing our product. We have some custom dissector plugins coded for that purpose and used to compile and distribute the installer for others to use. Up until now we have been using the 32 bit version, but now we want to move to the 64 bit version. I am quite familiar with the 32 bit compilation process and used Cygwin + Visual Studio 2008 + Active Perl and Python for this. However, I do not have any knowledge of doing this for a 64 bit version. Can you please let me know about the tools and build environment that I need to setup for a Windows 7 x64 bit install. Also, I am using version 1.4 for the basic source code. I have Windows 7 enterprise x64 edition with me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bhuvan