Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Registering header fields later/in other functions?

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:58:01 +0100
On 2/13/2011 9:36 AM, Andreas wrote:

I have dissectors classes that are spreaded over a lot of source files.
When Wireshark calls the function plugin_register() of my dissector, all
classes' Register() functions are called. So there is no problem with
making a dissector modular.

This seems to be a good soulution, thanks.
Most of the dissectors in the wireshark sources are only in one big file, so there is not much where I can take a look at, which way is the usually one.

Do you register the possible subtree arrays in the same way?
The proto_register_subtree_array() call doesn't need the proto-id. Seems as if I can register a new pointer-array in every file, or not?

--
Regards
Thomas Wiens