Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling your dissector, quickly?

From: "Ivan R. Sy" <ivan_jr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 01:52:34 -0800 (PST)
Hi! hello,

its been a while since I did some tweaks with dissectors. Unfortunately for me, im doing some devs on a VM.

Question is, when I modify a dissector file (for example, epan/dissector/packet-proto.c) what is the quickest way for me to re-compile my wireshark so I can test it?

currently, im doing 'gmake' on the top directory of wireshark... and it takes a while.

I've tried to just do 'gmake', inside epan/dissectors.... but its not reflecting my adjustments.

thanks!

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail