Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:03:04 +1100
Stephen,

One other default I think we should change is around TCP checksums. It
seems so many people are now using NICs with various chimneys and
offload processing that we get a lot of "false positives" from new
users in the forums and the mailing list.

The reality is that if there are real physical errors, wireshark isn't
going to see them because most if not all will have FCS errors and be
dropped before libpcap gets to see it.

What do you all think?

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx