Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark crashes after adding preference code to my

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:37:59 +0100
Hi,

Could you patch doc/README.developer for this?

Thanks,
Jaap

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:34:50 -0500, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Yosi Saggi wrote:
Hi I wanted to add some options in the preference window for my
dissector. This is the code I have added to the "proto_register"
function:
[...]

prefs_register_bool_preference(dan_lte_sdk_module,
"Dissect_MAC_Payload", "Dissect MAC Layer from Data Payload", "In
Uplink and Downlink data packets, dissect MAC heaser layer "
"Disabling
MAC dissection will disable RLC dissection automaticly",
&global_dan_lte_sdk_dissect_MAC);
prefs_register_bool_preference(dan_lte_sdk_module,
"Dissect_RLC_Payload", "Dissect RLC Layer from Data Payload", "In
Uplink and Downlink data packets, dissect RLC heaser layer ",
&global_dan_lte_sdk_dissect_RLC); It works fine until I add those two
(even one of them) "prefs_register_bool_preference" functions. What
did
I do wrong? I get a "Runtime Error!" for wireshark.exe Removing those
function fixes it back.
From epan/prefs.c: /* * Make sure that only lower-case ASCII letters,
numbers, * underscores, and dots appear in the preference name. * *
Crash
if there is, as that's an error in the code; * you can make the title
and
description nice strings * with capitalization, white space,
punctuation,
etc., * but the name can be used on the command line, * and shouldn't
require quoting, shifting, etc. */ So change the preference names to use
only lower case.