Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Eclipse project for Wireshark

From: Dietfrid Mali <karx11erx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:45:23 +0100
Hi,

I have been trying to build Wireshark using Eclipse, but I am running into missing header and C files all the way (particularly with many of the decoders in the ASN1 source tree). The reason is that I want to add a few new codecs using libspandsp, have failed in properly adding them so far and would like to be able to conveniently debug Wireshark using Eclipse's built-in graphical gdb frontend.

Is there an Eclipse project available for building Wireshark on Linux? If yes, where can I find it? If no, is there general information available how to build Wireshark w/o using the automake stuff it comes with by default?

Kind regards

D.Mali