Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ew function(s) proto_tree_new_item_get_val_..()

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:51:43 +0100
Hi,
Wouldn't it be handy to have a proto_tree_new_item_get_val_ which would return the value thus avoiding to having do tvb_get_.. in conjunction with proto_tree_new_item() when the value
is needed in a dissector?

Would an function per field type be necessary? like proto_tree_new_item_get_val_int32, proto_tree_new_item_get_val_uint32 etc or is there a smarter way of doing it?

Any one interested in implementing it?
Regards
Anders