Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] bitmask handling in wireshark

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:46:02 +0000 (UTC)
Andreas <AndreasSander1@...> writes:

> Where can I get a sample capture file to see how this will look like?

There are several sample capture files posted here:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures

But the bit tree produced by the function will pretty much look like any other
bit tree, such as IP's "Differentiated Services Field" tree, flags tree, etc.
The function just provides a more convenient method of adding a bittree, but
since it's a fairly new function, it's not used that extensively as most
existing dissectors haven't been modified to make use of it ... yet.