Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] conversation with start and end frame

From: "Mike Morrin" <Mike.Morrin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:32:32 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-

I am trying to decode packets which are identified with channel ID
(Bluetooth). There is setup frame after which conversation starts.

Is there mechanism to identify packets based on (start_frame,
end_frame, channel_id)? conversation mechanism does not fit here.

Regards,
Andrei
___

Can you describe the protocol a little more?

If the protocol has that packets are segmented, and the segment
numbering runs continuously (modulo something) within a stream and there
are no packet numbers for the reassembled packet, then that sounds
similar to the GPRS acknowledged-LLC limitation captured in bug 2857.

To reassemble this class of protocol a new reassembly function is
needed.  I would like to write a universal reassembly engine that
handles this in addition to the techniques already supported in
reassemble.c (because the code there is a bit rough around the edges),
but have not found time to do it yet.

Regards,
Mike

This message contains confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

ip.access Ltd, registration number 3400157, Building 2020,
Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DW, United Kingdom