Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bugtracking and patches

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:33:36 -0700
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 08:18:03PM +0100, bernoulli wrote:

> I want a patch to be added to the svn repository. As mentioned in the
> Wireshark developers guide I've opened a bug and attached the patch.

Good.

> If I open a new bug which I am going to fix I set the bug to assigned
> (I've noticed that report and am working on it). Is this wrong? Maybe
> core developers are searching for new bugs rather than assigned one.

Please leave it assigned to wireshark-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, as it may not
show up in searches or e-mail us updates if it isn't.

> How ist the process - leave it as new or change the bug to assigned?

Leave it marked as new.  Some of us core developers will set it to
assigned if we're actively working on it and going to be done within a
few days.  Others just leave it as new until it's fixed.