Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Source Code

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:42:20 -0500
On 12/17/2010 11:20 AM, Sam Stephenson wrote:
Where can I find the actual source code to download in order to build
the latest version of wireshark using RHEL5?

We are moving system to RHEL5 (RHEL5.5 specifically), and yes, RHEL5.5
has included version *wireshark-1.0.8-1.el5_3.1*. But, is this the
equivalent to latest version 1.4.2? Since 1.3.4 and higher, there are
several updates include that supports *HNBAP and RUA Protocols*. Not
sure if support is included in RHEL5 version. Reason to at least be able
to build with latest source code version in RHEL5.

You can find the source tarballs in the same place as the rest of the downloads:

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Or you can get it via subversion:

http://www.wireshark.org/develop.html

In addition (other than attempting to build), where can I obtain a list
of dependency binary files supporting wireshark releases, specifically
using RHEL5.5 platform?

The INSTALL file in the source distribution is a good place to start. Otherwise, just run ./configure and see if it finds what it needs.