Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Structure of protocol tree

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:59:35 +0100
When I look at other dissector's output they use the
proto_tree_add_protocol_format only for indicating that a new protocol is
engaged.

These protocol lines in the tree are also displayed in other colors. That
makes it easy to navigate by eyes. I have a protocol with a lot of
structures inside. What is a good way to colorize theses structure. It would
be good to indicate where a new item in sequence begins. I think the abuse
of the ..._add_protocol would a bad style or probably a bug.

What do you advice?

--
Andy