Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Missing expert info

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:39:14 +0100
Hi,

I found an inconsistency with the expert info. While expert infos of severity ERROR are reported, these are not displayed in the summary dialogs.

Symptoms:
- lower-left corner of Wireshark-window shows a red balloon.
- ballon-tip of this items shows:
	ERROR is the highest expert info level
- click on this red ballon opens the Expert Info Composite dialog.
  This dialog shows:
	0 errors, 0 warnings, 3 notes,  155 chats, 184 details
- menu: Analyze/Expert Info opens the Expert Infos dialog
  When I set the severity filter to (Error+Warnings), this dialog shows:
	-nothing-
- When I add a column "Expert Info Severity" to the packet list pane, it
  shows the Error severity level for the malformed packets.
- The expert infos are visible in the packet details pane.

Where are the expert messages gone? How can they be hidden in the
Expert Info Composite dialog and Expert Infos dialog?

I am using Wireshark 1.2.3

--
Andy