Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with dev environment

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:02:00 +0000 (UTC)
Gregory Seidman <gsslist+wireshark@...> writes:

> Note that I am working with the source for 1.2.1 (ugh, I know) because
> that's what we're still using. Yes, I wish I could get on a more current
> version, but for now I can't.

Can you try 1.4.2?  Not necessarily to deploy/use because apparently you can't,
but just to see if your problem is indeed tied to the 1.2.x version or not.

> When I
> try to actually build, however, it fails on the very first attempt to
> compile something, which happens to be lemon. The error is
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:/Perl/lib,C:/Perl/site/lib,.'

Maybe post your environment (PATH, etc.) and full output following a distclean
of the build leading up to the failure?

> I have ActiveState Perl installed on this machine,

You could try to temporarily uninstall ActiveState Perl, just to see if this
clears up the problem.  If it does, hopefully a reinstall of it won't
reintroduce the problem.

Another thing you could check is the vcvarsall.bat and vcvars[arch].bat files.
Before lemon is compiled, the proper environment is set up by calling
vcvarsall.bat which in turn calls vcvars[arch].bat where the PATH and other
environment variables are set.  Perhaps there's some reference to Perl in yours
somewhere?