Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 35145: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: Makefil

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:06:10 -0500
rbalint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=35145

User: rbalint
Date: 2010/12/07 05:38 AM

Log:
 Make libtool export only symbols listed in *.def files
[...]
Directory: /trunk/wsutil/
  Changes    Path           Action
  +6 -2      Makefile.am    Modified

Hmmm, libwsutil holds the optional targets (e.g., inet_aton() for systems that don't have it).

At least on the MacOS 10.5 buildbots, nmedit complains if libtool asks it to export a symbol that isn't present in the library. I'm not sure of an easy way to fix that (hacking the .def or the .sym file depending on which optional targets are being built doesn't sound fun). Any ideas? Or should we export all symbols from libwsutil?