Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'sed' : return code '0x1'

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:08:00 +0000 (UTC)
Jason Williams <j_r_williams74@...> writes:

> Yes, I have Cygwin installed on my E: drive.  Is that an issue?

It shouldn't be an issue.  It was just something different from mine and I
wanted to verify that it wasn't a typo in your path.

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I tried renaming config.h.win32, but only
got, "NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'config.h.win32'", and
not, "The system cannot find the file specified.", so that can't be the file it
couldn't find.

Does sed create a config.h file?  If so, then maybe it's not a problem with the
sed line at all.  Immediately after running sed, the very next thing you should
see is "cd tools".  Do you have a tools/ directory?  If not, you might try
downloading a new copy of the 1.4.2 source from
http://media-2.cacetech.com/wireshark/src/wireshark-1.4.2.tar.bz2 and
re-extracting it fresh.  Well, you might try doing that anyway, even if you do
have a tools/ directory.  After you extract it, I suggest you run "nmake -f
Makefile.nmake distclean" first, then proceed to compile as normal.