Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Thinking of some changes to packet-scsi.c ...

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:29:07 +0000 (UTC)
Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@...> writes:

> If there are any suggestions for other changes, let me know.

Hi Richard.  It looks like there are other bit-oriented fields besides
hf_scsi_control that could benefit from this as well: hf_scsi_inquiry_flags,
hf_scsi_modesel_flags, ...

There also seem to be a lot of proto_tree_add_text() calls (I count 186 of
them).  I haven't looked at them all, but I suspect most would be better added
using proto_tree_add_item() so those fields could be filterable as well.

I saw that you posted a patch on Thursday.  Could you open up a bug report and
submit the patch(es) there instead?  I think it will make it easier to track and
the patches won't get lost.  Thanks.