Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?
From: Andreas <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 08:06:55 +0100
Am 13.11.2010 20:03, schrieb Stephen Fisher:
Are we using the best default settings when Wireshark is installed for
the first time on a machine?  I always make these changes:

Comments?  Any other settings we all use that could be useful?
I always enable "Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP stream". Since my
favorite protocols sits on top of TCP it uses tcp_dissect_pdus().
Why is this option disabled by per default? Unfortunately I have often
ask the users of my dissector DLLs to "fix" the preferences.
Would it be possible to change this settings programamatically from my
DLL, probably after users acknowledge.

--
Andy