Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 08:06:55 +0100
Am 13.11.2010 20:03, schrieb Stephen Fisher:
Are we using the best default settings when Wireshark is installed for
the first time on a machine?  I always make these changes:

Comments?  Any other settings we all use that could be useful?

I always enable "Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP stream". Since my favorite protocols sits on top of TCP it uses tcp_dissect_pdus().

Why is this option disabled by per default? Unfortunately I have often ask the users of my dissector DLLs to "fix" the preferences.

Would it be possible to change this settings programamatically from my DLL, probably after users acknowledge.

--
Andy